I took the liberty (with his permission, of course) of borrowing a post from kevinatkinson’s blog, The Unofficial Official Blog of Kevin Atkinson. I’ve featured some of Kevin’s posts here before, and hopefully we’ll be reading more from Kevin himself soon here on Sex, Love, and Labels.
In his post – “This ain’t easy. It’s not meant to be.” – Kevin takes the time to actually write down what it is that he’s looking for in a man. Trust me, this isn’t a list like “sexy, has a great personality, and a killer credit score.” Nor is it a list that’s a mile long. It’s heart-felt and genuine.
So… what are you looking for?
- Someone who laughs at my typos and autocorrects in my texts rather than being perturbed by them.
- Dances with me when I take his hand, even if just for a quick second.
- Tells me I’m wrong when I’m wrong, reminds me to be humble if I’m right, and that more often than not being right is less important than the grey area between right and wrong.
- Someone who is kind to the messenger, even if the message isn’t positive.
- Someone who will tell our children it’s ok to feel, because that’s how we learn to appreciate joy.
- Someone who will know my friends and I will know his, but we won’t have to share the same friends and we encourage each other to keep friendships close.
- Someone who loves to travel without having every minute planned.
- Will let me sob on his shoulder when my parents are gone, and I do the same for him.
- Someone who I can disagree with on the most inconsequential of things and which make me love them more.
- Someone who fills me with that feeling I get when the delivery man brings pizza.